Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
|Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2|
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 Cover
|Developer(s)||EA Black Box (PS2) |
EA Seattle (PC, Xbox, NGC)
|Release Dates||October 2, 2002|
|Modes||Single Player |
|Platforms||PC, PS2, Xbox, NGC|
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the sequel to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and the first one to be on the sixth-generation consoles.
The game has two modes, Hot Pursuit Mode & World Racing Mode.
 Hot Pursuit
- Quick Race
- Be the Cop
- Ultimate Racer
 World Racing
- Quick Race
Quick Race & Challenge are the same except Hot Pursuit involves the Police. Ultimate Racer & Championship both consist of an event tree of 30 races, with 2 bonus races that can be unlocked after beating the 30 other races. Be the Cop means you become the cop, the differences are in the Xbox/PC/NGC version you only need to ram the offender, in the PS2 version they must be stopped while your car is nearby.
 Car List
The Car List from Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. An NFS edition of each car is included except the BMW M5, BMW Z8 & Ford Crown Victoria.
- Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
- BMW M5ˆ
- BMW Z8
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06ˆ
- Dodge Viper GTSˆ
- Ferrari 360 Mondena˚
- Ferrari 360 Spider
- Ferrari 550 Barchetta
- Ferrari F50
- Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Rˆ
- Ford TS50ˆ
- Ford Crown Victoria▪
- HSV GTS Coupeˆ
- Jaguar XRK Coupe
- Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VTˆ
- Lamborghini Murcielagoˆ
- Lotus Elise
- McLaren F1
- McLaren F1 LM
- Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG
- Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
- Opal Speedster
- Porsche 911 Turboˆ
- Porsche Carrera GT
- Vauxhaul VX220
˚ PS2 Version Only
▪ Pursuit Edition Only
ˆ Pursuit Edition Included, Porsche 911 Turbo Pursuit only on PS2 Version
 Differences Between Versions
Two versions of the game were produced.
- The PS2 version was made by EA Black Box while the Xbox/PC/NGC version was produced by EA Seattle.
- The PS2 pulled an average 9/10 while the Xbox/PC/NGC version pulled 7 or 8/10.
- There are a few differences such as mirrored tracks are produced for the Xbox/PC/NGC version while the PS2 has two weather conditions, Sunny & Overcast.
- The PS2 version has two extra cars, the Ferrari 360 Mondena & Porsche 911 Turbo Pursuit Edition.
- The PS2 version contains traffic in the Championship mode. The games each have a different menu, HUD & event tree.
- In the PS2 version, it takes getting busted by the Police 3 times for you to be arrested, but in the Xbox/PC/NGC version, it only takes *getting busted once for you to be arrested.
- Bush - The People That We Love*
- The Buzzhorn - Ordinary*
- Course Of Nature - Wall Of Shame*
- Hot Action Cop - Fever For The Flava*
- Hot Action Cop - Going Down On It*
- The Humble Brothers - Black Hole
- The Humble Brothers - Brakestand
- The Humble Brothers - Sphere
- Matt Ragan - Bundle Of Clang
- Matt Ragen - Cone Of Silence
- Matt Ragan - Flam Dance
- Pulse Ultra - Build Your Cages*
- Rom Di Prisco - Cylkoid
- Rush - One Little Victory*
- Uncle Kracker - Keep It Coming*
* Instrumental also included.
Related ThreadsNEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT-2(PC) CHEAT CODES - last post @ Jan 3, 2010
Where to race Hot Pursuit 2 online - last post by @ Nov 15, 2014
HOT PURSUIT 2 EXCEPTION ERROR!! AGHH! - last post @ Aug 12, 2008
Help !!!!! Having a problem in need for sped hot pursuit 2 (Exception error) - last post @ Sep 12, 2011
Who has played on the Demo of NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - last post by @ Oct 3, 2002