Need for Speed: ProStreet
|Need for Speed ProStreet|
NFS ProStreet Cover
|Developer(s)||EA Black Box|
|Release Dates||November 14, 2007|
|Modes||Single Player |
|Platforms||PC, PS3, 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, NDS|
Need for Speed: ProStreet is a racing game that is now on racing circuits rather than street racing in past games in this series therefore there is no Police in the game. This has to do with promoting safe racing and taking it off the streets. Also, there is no free roam.
You start the game as a ex-illegal racer, Ryan Cooper. During the game you never see his face. You are put in a car and you have to win a race. You then win the car you just raced and you can start to do your own races and Customize your cars.
The point of the game is to become the “King” of all the different types of racing. They are: Drift, Grip, Drag, Speed and showdown. You have to beat 10 track records on a single type of event and then you can race with the top drivers in that discipline. If you beat them, you have a chance to take on the King in that event. You beat them and you are now the king of that discipline. When you win the 3 showdowns, you challenge the street king. If you win him, you are now the street king.
You advance through career mode by winning races. When you enter a Raceday, you are told what races you can enter. When you finish a race, you are given points based on how well you did. You get more points for wining and in the quickest time. You lose points for damaging your car. When you have enough points, you win the race day and you are given the choice of tokens that you can select which will give you things like extra money and free performance upgrades. But you can take it one step further by dominating the race day by getting around double the points you need just to win it. By dominating you can pick up more money and you get another choice of tokens.
Need For Speed: ProStreet features 46 cars and several others cars that are available to download for the PS3 and 360. When you are viewing cars, the interior is very well done and the cars are all round detailed to a high standard. This is the car list:
- Aston Martin DB9
- Audi R8
- Audi S3
- Audi S4
- BMW M3 E46
- BMW M3 E92
- Bugatti Veyron
- Cadillac CTS-V
- Chevrolet Camaro SS
- Chevrolet Chevelle SS
- Chevrolet Cobalt SS
- Chevrolet Corvette C6
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- Dodge Viper SRT-10
- Dodge Challenger R/T
- Dodge Charger R/T
- Ford Mustang GT
- Ford Escort RS Cosworth
- Ford Focus ST
- Ford GT
- Honda Civic
- Infiniti G35 (V35)
- Koenigsegg CCX
- Lamborghini Murciélago LP640
- Lotus Elise
- Mazda RX-7
- Mazda Mazdaspeed3
- Mazda RX-8
- McLaren F1
- Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
- Nissan GT-R Proto
- Nissan Silvia (S15)
- Nissan GT-R (R34)
- Nissan GT-R (R35)
- Nissan 350Z (Z33)
- Nissan 240SX (S13)
- Pagani Zonda F
- Plymouth Hemi Cuda
- Pontiac GTO ‘65
- Pontiac GTO
- Porsche Cayman S
- Porsche 911 Turbo
- Shelby GT500
- Shelby GT500 ‘67
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI
- Toyota Corolla GTS (RE86)
- Toyota Supra
- Volkswagen Golf R32
- Volkswagen Golf GTI
The racing in Need for Speed: ProStreet is very realistic. Car Damage for the first time that affects performance brings the racing to a new level of danger and you have to be careful how you race, not just use the walls to help you round. The cars react well to bumps on the track and other hits. The physics engine is new and is very well refined. On the other hand, the steering takes a lot of getting used to and the driving aids can be annoying, but can be turned off.
The races are against 3 opponents, controlled by the computer. The computer driven cars don’t keep on one line and try to work out the best way round you and not through you. At the start of races, it gives you a target time to aim for and you get points for finishing under that time.
There are 4 different types of races. They are:
This is just a simple circuit race varying from 2 laps to 4 laps against 3 other cars.
- You have to get the fastest lap round the circuit
- The track is divided into 4 sections and you need to set the fastest time in them. If you get the highest score in each sector, you get bonus points for dominating.
Main Article: Drag
- This is a Race of straight line power. You can do a ¼ mile and a ½ mile race. Before you start, you have to “stage.” This is where you heat up your tyres to get the maximum grip levels.
The gears are forced to be done manually and you have to hit the gears perfectly to get the most Speed out of the car. If you miss them, the car will bog down and you will lose time. You do 3 runs and your fastest time of the 3 is your final result.
- Like a Drag race, only you need do a wheelie down the course for as long as possible. The scoring system is similar as Drag for this event. Your furthest distance is your final result. Only rear-wheel drive cars can perform wheelies.
Main Article: Drift
Drifting is all about getting your car sideways for the most time. The scoring is calculated by the speed and angle of you drifts. You can also get points for doing the following:
High speed bonus
- 250 points- Get the car up to a high speed and then Drift at that speed.
- 250 points- Drift for a long time.
Stay on track bonus
- 200 points- Stay on the track through your run.
If you do run off the track and Drift, you are given no points for it and wont get the staying on track bonus.
This is new to Need For Speed. The point is to drive at your car's top speed and beat the other cars. Beware though, at these speeds, one mistake could mean you have a very bad crash or totaling your car.
Top speed run
- Your speed at certain times on the track are measured and are added up at the end- the person with the highest total speed wins.
- Drive as fast as you can from point A-B. Whoever finishes first, wins.
For the first time on Need For Speed, Damage that affects the cars performance is in the game. There is visual damage to the cars, but parts only fall of the cars on the PS3 and the XBOX 360 version. On the other consoles, cars only have scratches, broken windows and smoke coming from the engine.
When you do damage to your car, you have to pay to get it repaired or you can use a repair marker that you can buy or win on Racedays. The higher level of damage, the higher the cost. Also the value of the car affects the cost.
If you completely trash your car, this is called Totaling and you need a total repair marker to repair it or you can use cash.
Need For Speed still has a brilliant level of customization. Autosculpt has returned and now parts can be modified to give more down force or more straight line speed. New things like roll cages and racing seats can be added to the car. Body upgrades now affect the cars aerodynamics and weight. 356 decals are available to put on the car. Performance upgrades are basically the same as past games with licensed tuning companies providing the parts.
When you do a lot of damage, you Total your car and it cannot be used in races to you have repaired it using either cash or a total repair marker.
- Nevada highway
- Willow springs
- Chicago airfield
- Portland international raceway
- Texas world speedway
- Auto polis
- Tokyo dockyard
- Mondello park
- Autobahn ring
- Airbourne - Blackjack
- Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy
- Bloc Party - Prayer (Does it Offend You, Yeah? Remix)
- Chromeo - Fancy Footwork (Guns 'n Bombs Remix)
- Clutch - Power Player
- CSS - Odio Odio Odio Sorry C
- Datarock - I Used to Dance with My Daddy (Karma Harvest Mix)
- Digitalism - Pogo
- Dude 'n Nem - Watch My Feet
- DUNE - A Blast Beat
- The Faint - Dropkick the Punks
- Foreign Islands - We Know You Know It
- The Horrors - Draw Japan
- Junkie XL ft. Lauren Rocket - More
- Junkie XL ft. Lauren Rocket - More (Junk O Flamenco Remix)
- Junkie XL ft. Lauren Rocket - More (Junk O Punk Remix)
- Junkie XL ft. Lauren Rocket - More (Junk O Rock Remix)
- Klaxons - Atlantis to Interzone
- MSTRKRFT - Neon Knights
- Neon Plastix - On Fire
- Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her (Tommie Sunshine's Brooklyn Fire Retouch)
- Plan B - No Good (Chase & Status and Benni G Remix)
- Plan B ft. Epic Man - More is Enough
- The Rapture - The Sound
- Smallwhitelight - Spite
- The Toxic Avenger - Escape (Bloody Beetroots Remix)
- TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
- UNKLE ft. Josh Homme - Restless
- We Are Wolves - Fight and Kiss
- Wiley - Bow E3
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Kiss Kiss
- Year Long Disaster - Leda Atomica
- Yelle - A Cause des Garcons (Riot in Belgium Remix)
Recent Forum Posts (PS3)
- Whats your Most Powerful Car's Horsepower? 
- free car marker 
- favorite cars 
- best speed drag grip and drift cars 
- My YouTube channel - feedback needed. 
- best wheelie car??? 
- Speed Challenge 
- Getting big as Early as possible 
- Wheeling records 
- what is the best drift car for pro street? 
Related Threadsneed for speed prostreet keep crashing when I try to start the game - last post @ Sep 25, 2008
Any One On Neoseeker Interested In Prostreet??????? - last post by Taz124 @ Jul 23, 2010
Nfs prostreet youtube gameplay - last post @ Nov 18, 2012
nfs prostreet best drift car... - last post @ Aug 20, 2013
NFS:ProStreet Save Data - last post by @ Jun 6, 2008